Friday 29 August 2014

Are we really going to do this?

That's what I keep on thinking to myself, as at the moment it doesn't seem quite real.

We've often spoke about 'moving to the countryside' as the ultimate dream, but I don't think I ever really thought it would happen. But yes, these two city dwellers have made the huge decision to pack our bags and relocate to rural Oxfordshire.

Last week was full of adrenaline...was this house really 'the one'? Was somebody else going to beat us to it and gazump us at the last minute? Was I really going to hand in my notice at my nice secure job in a school with people that I absolutely love? And then the excitement of having our offer accepted on our dream house!

And now....the waiting.

The painstakingly slow process of buying a house. Now the adrenaline has gone, all we can do is wait expectantly for emails from solicitors, surveyors and estate agents, all the while knowing that this little dream we have built for ourselves in our perfect little house, could all come crashing without any notice, through no fault of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment